Hope everyone had a good weekend. We’re back for another top 5 blog. Today is Summerslam, which is the WWE’s second longest PPV behind Wrestlemania. So I thought I’d do another wrestling blog. I did one a few months ago about my favorite 80’s wrestlers. Today? We will talk about my all time favorite wrestlers now.
Honorary Mentions: Mr. Perfect, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Dean Ambrose
5) Shawn Michaels – Mr. Wrestlemania. What can you say about him? I don’t think the man has ever had a bad match. He was part of some of the most memorable matches in the history of the WWE. From his matches with Undertaker and Austin and his best friend Triple H and of course Bret Hart. All great matches from start to finish.
4) Speaking of Undertaker, he’s in at # 4. The man took what could have easily been the dumbest gimmick of all time and made it awesome. He was believable. From the first match he had in WWE at Survivor Series (True story, I was SUPPOSED to be there), you saw the potential. And he went down to having one of the greatest careers of all time!
3) CM Punk – I wish I could have seen some of his Pre-WWE matches. He was one of the best on the microphone. His matches were always great. He was a little under sized, but still a great performer. Do I wish his career ended differently? Of course I do. But that doesn’t take away from what we saw during his WWE career.
2) Edge – For those with the benefit of Flash Photography… a man that was part of one of the most successful tag teams of all time to having one of the best singles career. Known as the Ultimate Opportunist, he remains just one of two men to cash in the Money IN The Bank contract twice. His career as cut short due to injury, which is a shame.
- He topped my all time 80s favorite wrestlers, and he tops his second list. Randy Macho Man Savage. Again, a little under sized but one of the greatest talkers of all time. He was agile. He put on a show with every match. Rest In Peace.
There you have it. Do you agree? Let me know!